From sentimental confessions to treason talk, we list the best lines from the fantasy epic’s episode 4, ‘The Last of the Starks‘.
—Sansa Stark, telling The Hound exactly how she “gave it” to former spouse and tormentor Ramsey Bolton.
- “But I’m not a lady. I never have been. It’s not me.”
—Arya Stark to Gendry Baratheon, declining the marriage offer of the newly-appointed Lord of Storm’s End.
- “I’ve never slept with a knight before.”
“I’ve never slept with anyone before.”
—Ser Jaime Lannister and Ser Brienne of Tarth respectively, before they consummate their relationship.
- “He loved me. And I couldn’t love him back. Not the way he wanted. Not the way I love you.”
—Daenerys Targaryen to Jon Snow, affirming that Ser Jorah Mormont was always Ser Friendzone to her.
- “I owe them the truth… You are my queen, nothing will change that.”
—Jon to Daenerys, after she begs him not to reveal his Targaryen origin to his sisters, fearing that it will spoil their rapport, in addition to hamper her claim to the Iron Throne.
- “Why not? Only death will shut you up.”
—Bronn to Tyrion Lannister, as the Hand of the Queen tries to get a word in edge-wise after having his nose bloodied by the sellsword.
- “I’ve some unfinished business.”
—The Hound and Arya respectively, joining up once again on a road trip, this time towards King’s Landing. (Dare we hope, predicting “Cleganebowl,” the fight between the Hound and the Mountain, and Arya to strike off the last name on her list, namely Cersei?)
- “I don’t want Jon to go down there. Men in my family don’t do well in the capital.”
—Sansa to Tyrion, before she was reminded indirectly by her former husband that Jon is “not a Stark.”
- “(Daenerys) wants to make the world a better place, I believe in her.”
—Tyrion to Sansa, the first of many times he would affirm his trust in the queen he serves in the episode.
- “What if there’s someone else, someone better?”
—Sansa to Tyrion, when she fails to affect Tyrion’s faith in Daenerys.
- “I’m sure he knows how it happened, Sam.”
—Gilly to Samwell, when the latter tries to clarify to Jon how Gilly got pregnant.
- “Maybe Cersei will win and kill us all. That would solve all our problems.”
—Tyrion to Varys, when the latter points out that between the two Targaryen inheritors, Jon Snow not only have a better claim to the Iron Throne, he is also better liked.
- “And our child will one day rule them all.”
—Cersei to Euron Greyjoy, telling the Ironborn king that he is the father of her unborn child (when it is actually Jaime’s).
- “This is a mistake… Do not become what you’ve always struggled to defeat.”
—Varys to Daenerys, advising her not to attack King’s Landing with fire and blood, especially with thousands of innocent citizens in the Red Keep.
- “She’s a girl who walked into a fire with three stones and walked out with three dragons. How could she not believe in destiny?”
—Tyrion to Varys, on why Daenerys believed it’s her fate to get back the Iron Throne.
- “We’re discussing treason.”
—Tyrion, when Varys recommended that the better ruler could be the one (read: Jon Snow) who doesn’t want the throne.
- “Cocks are important, I’m afraid.”
—Varys to Tyrion, on why Jon Snow will be more alluring to the lords of Westeros as a ruler because he is a man.
- “You think I’m a good man? I pushed a boy out of a tower window, crippled him for life, for Cersei. I strangled my cousin with my own hands, just to get back to Cersei. I would have murdered every man, woman, and child in Riverrun, for Cersei. She’s hateful, and so am I.”
—Jaime to Brienne, breaking the lady knight’s heart as he leaves Winterfell for Cersei in King’s Landing.
- “You’re not a monster, I know this. I know this because I’ve seen it. You’ve always loved your children, more than yourself, more than Jamie, more than anything. I beg you, if not for yourself, then for your child.”
—Tyrion to Cersei, sternly underestimating his sister’s brutality when he tries to get her to surrender.
—Missandei, in the earshot of Daenerys and Grey Worm, before she is executed by the Mountain under Cersei’s orders.